LOCATION of Studio:
WHERE: The Heart of Waikiki
Walking distance to everything you could possibly need!
- All the Famous Waikiki Beaches
- Restaurants of every price range galore
- Grocery Stores
- US Post Office in several nearby Waikiki hotels + the Waikiki station is only 4 blocks away
- The Famous International Market Place, which is now being completely renovated, is practically across the street!
- Free Entertainment and frequent parades
- Several Waikiki Shopping Centers
- Food Pantry within blocks
- Large Swimming Pool, Large Hot Tub Spa, & Sauna - on Sixth Floor
- Enterprise Rental Car on Ground Floor
- Hardware Store on Ground Floor
- Mini-Market on Sixth Floor
- BUILDING: The Island Colony
- ADDRESS: 445 Seaside Ave, Hon, HI 96815 – (Show Google map)
GENERAL INFO For Studio #4210:
INCREDIBLE, BREATHTAKING VIEWS:
#4210 has Unobstructed 180 degree Ocean to Mountain views --
- More about #4210's View
ENTIRE CONDO HAS BEEN TOTALLY RENOVATED:
From the studs up with perfection, quality, & taste, Re-wired, Re-Plumbed, Re-Modeled, and expensively custom furnished!
STUDIO #4210 IS ONE OF A KIND:
It is one of a kind unique and cannot be compared to any other unit in the building in terms of quality, details, and perfection!
ON A VERY HIGH FLOOR:
42nd Floor (out of a possible 44 floors)
TO SEE THIS STUDIO:
BY APPOINTMENT ANYTIME:
- Call 415-501-0626 to make an appointment
- NOTE: A 48 hour Notice must be given to the current occupant.
VIEW AN EXHAUSTIVE PICTURE ALBUM FOR THIS STUDIO:
- Click Any Picture of #4210 on Any Page of this Site, or
- Go Directly to:
MORE DETAILS FOR STUDIO #4210:
DO NOT BE NAIVE
WHY NOT BUY AN "AS IS" STUDIO & RENOVATE YOURSELF?:Having gone through the entire 2 YEAR experience of renovating #4210, I can unequivocally assure you that it is simply not realistic to assume anyone could buy a "fixer up" condo in this building or anywhere in Waikiki & then renovate it in a manner & quality equavalent to #4210's renovation without a great deal of HASSLE, MONEY, & YOUR OWN TIME & LABOR. Why?
- Labor expense & cost of materials have gone up considerably because of the higher cost of energy & fuel here in Hawaii (leading to higher costs for everything you buy & for shipping & transportation etc.)!
- Getting responsible, quality, reasonably priced workers to come work (and park) in Waikiki is a major challenge at best! (Local workman prefer the stability, longevity, and benefits of working for large projects over small time renovations.) That's why if you want it done at all or done well with attention to detail, you will have to plan on doing much of it yourself or pay quite handsomely to "inspire" motivation.
- If you cannot locate your desired, higher quality renovation materials on island, the time it takes for materials to arrive from the mainland is at least 8 weeks. It may arrive damaged, and then you have to wait another 8 weeks for an undamaged one to arrive (It took 5 Cast Iron 54" Kohler Bathtubs, a "special order item," before one arrived without mars, flaws, or damage! Thats 8 weeks / tub x 5 tubs = 40 weeks before we could install the tub and get on with the renovation!)
- Consequently doing a superb renovation in a "reasonable" amount of time with superior materials, quality workmanship, and attention to detail is just about impossible here in Hawaii especially if you are not local and present to supervise & to do your own quality control!
GET A $125K RENOVATION AT A BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE:
- $125k was spent renovating and furnishing #4210.
- Several Island Colony Studio units with NO or very minimal / cheap renovations have recently sold for $300k to $310k.
- #4412 Sold June 2015 for $350k. NOTE:
- #4412 is a LODGING (zoned for a PARTIAL kitchen), NOT a STUDIO (zoned for a FULL Kitchen) as is #4210***
- #4412 was NOT Renovated AT ALL!
- If one purchased and then renovated such a unit to an equivalent quality as #4210's renovation, it would cost at least another $125k, even if one does much of the labor oneself, as we did.
- If one purchases #4210 for $355k, then one is spending only an additional $5k to $40k over comps while getting a $125k renovation for no effort and no headaches!
- Therefore #4210 is truly a bargain!